Protect Yourself from Your Cell Phone.
It is not surprising the general reviews are mixed on such a complex and serious subject.
The contradiction about your cell phones safety all depend on which side you listen to, there’s nothing to fear or your phone is harmful when it comes into contact with your body. Where is the real truth? There is one certitude, clearly cell phones aren’t going away anytime soon.
the industry suggests…
When buying a Cell phone, the industry suggests you compare ratings and of course, your choice should go to one with a lower rating, but it is not automatic because the consumer’s choices will always prevail.
What about the SAR value?
Please understand that the SAR rating value by itself is completely worthless.
The SAR level only estimates the heat from the radiation penetrating into your head from a cell phone. It will not give you any method to make any changes.
The SAR level does not measure the risk from the frequencies of the cell phone, the erratic pulsing, and modulation of the signals, or the magnetic fields created by the batteries.
Even if testing cannot correct any malfunction it will at least tell you if your unit is meeting the FCC regulation standards. It is just another extra precaution that cost nothing. We would say that it could be a very pro-active measure especially if you buy a second-hand Cell Phone.
Scientists now know that many of the effects of cell phones are non-thermal. In other words, they occur at levels too low to cause significant heating to the body tissue structures.
What is happening when using a Cell Phone?
The frequency of a cell phone’s waves falls between those emitted by FM radios and those from microwave ovens, all of which are considered “non-ionizing” forms of radiation.
When you make a call, text, or use data on your cell phone, here’s what happens:
Your phone sends radiofrequency, or RF waves from its antenna to nearby cell towers, and return waves to its antenna.
If you are holding the phone next to your face, as most people do, then about 70 percent of the energy from the antenna will be absorbed straight into your head.
Also age will make a difference in how much of this energy can be absorbed into the tissue. A younger child’s skull which is much thinner than an adult’s, therefore more radiation will be able to penetrate the brain.
If we could give you one advice it would certainly be; to avoid holding your phone directly against your head, especially while your call connects, which is when the power surge is the greatest.
Can I block Cell Phone radiation entirely?
You CAN Block 100% of Cell phone Radiation, but you will not be able to Use Your Phone at the Same Time.
Can I block Radiation using an anti-radiation cell phone case?
Yes and no. It depends on the model. None will be effective at blocking 100% of the radiation, but some can greatly diminish the amount of radiation which comes in contact with your head or body.
Does Smartphone radiation harmful?
There is no consistent evidence that Cell phone use increases the risk of getting brain cancer. The United States National Cancer Institute points out that “Radiofrequency energy, unlike ionizing radiation, does not cause DNA damage that can lead to cancer.
One way to check the radiation of my Cell phone would be to find the SAR (specific absorption rate) value. (SAR is a measure of the rate at which energy is absorbed by a body exposed to EMFs.)
Is there a way to check the radiation of my Cell Phone?
It is possible by using a code such as *#07# on your unit, you can check the radiation level or SAR value of your Smartphone. You just need to type the code on your phone keypad and press the call button. That is the easiest way of checking SAR value but it is not available on every device.
What level of SAR would be safe?
The FCC limit for public exposure from cell phones is limited to 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg).
What can I do to play safe with my Cell?
- Keep your distance. Do not keep your cell phone next to your body or in your bra. The best way would certainly be to reduce your Cell Phone usage.
- Talk on speaker. Holding a cell phone to your ear also exposes your salivary glands to EMFs.
- Turn your phone off more often. No radiation is emitted when the device is off
- Consider alternatives, perhaps using your land-line or Skype more often would be a very good practice.
- Keep the phone on “Airplane” mode most of the time. This means your Cell phones will hardly be doing anything at all cellular connectivity, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS will all be switched off. Any calls you receive will go straight to voicemail, so you will not
- Never put a cell phone to your head. if you are holding the phone next to your face, as most people do, then more than 70 percent of the energy from the antenna will be absorbed right into your head.
- Use speakerphone for voice calls. Avoiding contact with your head is the most important safeguard you can take; we are never too prudent when we realize the seriousness of the subject.
- Avoid using your cell phone when the signal is weak because the more power your phone uses to transmit, the more exposure you receive.
- Try to limit to use your Cell Phone in your car. The metal parts of your car, the roof, doors, and chassis can magnify the radiation. On top of that, your phone has to work harder and increase its transmitting strength as you travel between cell towers.
- Always try to limit the length of your calls on your Cell Phone.
- When Texting. Keep your cell phone 30 to 40 centimeters away from your body to reduce exposure to radiation.
- Consider using a special headset call Blue Tube, which was designed to help minimize EMF. The whole idea is to move your phone away from your body as much as possible while you talk.
By using an acoustic exchange principle (similar to a doctor’s stethoscope), to eliminate a microwave-emitting wire all the way to the headset earpiece. This will help to reduce dramatically any radiation you might be exposed from wires or metal conductors used in other hands-free headsets.
In our next article we will share with you our new discoveries on the Anti-Radiation products we can find on the market today. They could be helpful or not?
Once again I am afraid that it is a very controversial segment. Please in the meantime you can leave a comment on this article